“April Bosshard is a wise Story Whisperer who has helped me finally shape my novel manuscript into a coherent A-Z draft, finally ready for revision. After almost two decades of wrangling with my manuscript and never able to move past the middle to the end, I was able to use April’s expertise on designing a story to feel confident enough to plow through a draft I feel good enough. She’s like a therapist who understands the human condition, not only with the characters within your story, but with you as a writer as well. Combining both April’s online Deep Story Design class with 1:1 coaching was exactly what I needed! I wish the MFA fiction program I graduated from years ago had someone like April. Her lessons, plus her thoughtful and insightful responses to students, are a gift that keeps giving long after the course is over. Highly recommended!”
Productive Meaningful Supportive
What is a Story Coach?
Successful novels, screenplays, and memoirs rest on solid story structure and meaningful character development. A story coach helps writers to uncover structural problems and identify possibilities for character growth and transformation. Writers are then empowered to complete their project with greater passion, purpose, and confidence.
A story coach can assist you in bringing a new story to life or guide you to get an existing story back on track.
- If you’re stalled or blocked, she can get you fired up and moving again.
- If you’re unable to complete your project, she can hold you accountable to your vision.
- If your plot falters, your characters lie flat, or your story’s structure is weak or non-existent, she can help you find tips, tricks, and meaningful solutions to revitalize these important story elements.
- If you have an unruly rough draft without a clear beginning, middle, and end, she can help shape it into a cohesive whole.
- If you have an idea for a new project but don’t know where to begin, she can guide your process and design a plan to get you started… and finished!
A story coach…
- is aware of the highs and lows of creative writing
- possesses strong writing and story craft skills
- is well versed in story structure and character development
- is devoted to the process of meaning-making through storytelling
- honors the mystery inherent in the creative process
- respects the discipline required to bring vision into form
I read novel and memoir manuscripts as well as screenplay drafts. Quotes for this type of consultation are estimated on a project-by-project basis. Please email for more information: email@example.com
Monthly Inspiration Delivered to Your In Box